Monday, February 20, 2006

Wombat Jacket and Dyeing

We had spinning group today Dolores Anderson from Melbourne came to show us how to make the Wombat Jacket (knicked from EZ's Badger Jacket). Bloody Hell is that tricky. We had something like 400 years knitting experience between us and you would've thought it was the first time we had picked up needles. It was fun. I'm no where near finished my sample jacket on 10 stitches but if I ever do I will publish a photo. The plan is for all of us to make one and wear them to the Shepparton's Group Sharing Day. Should be interesting from the outcomes today. We will be lucky to have the test ones done!!!

I did some dyeing and drum carding over the weekend and had fun. I love to dye and see how the wool changes on outcome.

The wool is all from a white merino roving I had which was blended with a blended with brown. Didn't know what to do with it, so I dyed it - I think they turned out great.


Ashford Yellow

Green - Blend of Ashford Yellow and Blue, Purply-Brown - blend of Ashford Red and Blue
Landscape - Sarsaparilla
Landscape - Wild Raspberry

Ashford - Red and Blue. (The red really is a true red but turned out orange in the photo)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home