Sunday, February 12, 2006

Big Day Out

We went to the Hume Weir today and I am so tired. Mum and I did nothing but watch the kids swim, eat a BBQ and catch up with each other, it was great. My brother had a great day, he caught heaps of fish, mostly too little so he threw them back in and 2 European Carp - he threw them on the bank.



This is Dean my brother he caught two fish at one time!!! I had never seen this done before.


This is my Dad, he was the chief BBQ cooker and nag!


And these ofcourse are my boys - they had never seen a live fish before and were so excited. This one's a Euro Carp and they are a real pest in OZ.

We stayed at the Weir for about 4 hours, the kids had a blast. They only got out of the water to eat their lunch for about 15 mins.

When we were coming home the cops had blocked the road about 1 KM out of town. There was a fire blocking the road. They told us we had to go back around where we came from and go through 2 other towns - which would've taken about 1 1/2 hours!!! I knew a short cut through the bush and it took about 15 minutes. We were only 2 minutes from home the direct way.

There were 3 helicopters so we went out to the cemetary where they were filling them up. I had the camera with me still, so I got some shots. Not good ones, but hey I never have the camera.




The fire is apparently out there now but has started on the other side of town where they were originally detouring people to!!!

Anyway good day - no knitting, spinning group tomorrow.

JO

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home