Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Better late than never

Where have you been lately!!!!

I've been busy, lazy and bored all in the last couple of weeks. I've spun and dyed the wool for my son Jess' socks and am neally finished knitting one of them. I think they may be too big around the legs and not long enough for the foot length. We'll see. Should finish the first one tonight.

The downs single on the bobbin - I have been plying them from a centre pull ball. Very easy coming out - no tangles at all. Gotta love that.

The colour of the sock wool it more a bluey-grey. Nice. He will be able to wear them to school.


I've been going mad buying books about knitting, etc on Ebay. I promised hubby I wouldn't buy anymore fleeces until I used all I have got - so books seem to be a good alternative. I will post a pic when they have been delivered.

My 11 year old Jesse went to a new school this year. He used to go to the Catholic School but I decided to send him to the Public P.S. this year. There were too many issues at the other one. Shame really I went to the Catholic School when I was a kid and it was a good school. Very strict with the dscipline but also very fair. I only got the strap once from a NUN and that was in Grade 5 for talking in line. Believe me I learnt!!!!

This is a picture of the school Jesse is now going too. Isn't it lovely. My dad went to it when he was a boy. He wasn't a Catholic Wog like me!!! It's over 150 years old. They actually got airconditioning and heating at the end of last year. The class rooms should be very comfortable for the kids.


They do science, music and drama, environmental studies, have a chook pen and heaps more. The other school didn't have any of this. I should have put him straight into there when we moved back to the country town 2 years ago. Oh well, we live and learn.

Well I am going to finish that sock now so bysy bye.

JO

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home